Country Manager Belgium/Benelux
Based in Benelux countries, ideally in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
Strategic direction, development and operational management of the country organization.
Active contribution to the further growth of statistical service offering in strong liaison with Corporate, VDC Heads to align with Group M&A activities in statistical services.
Economic, organisational and staff development responsibility for the country organization.
Promotion of revenue, profitability of the country organisation in line with the Group provisions by development of the local business. Cost-effective management of resources, provision of services and products at high quality level, and compliance with country regulations and local/international standards.
Contribution to the strategic, operational and financial development of PLx Group advancing the companies’ mission and objectives.
- Manage and develop the country organization.
- Develop and maintain a client-base in Belgium. Take responsibility for expanding the Bio statistical business across Benelux and Europe (and specifically the UK, Germany, France, Spain and Italy), in cooperation with PharmaLex-colleagues
- Working across a variety of Biostatistics projects, spanning from Belgium / Benelux to EU and Global, including driving business development for Biostatistics and developing the international strategy
- Support development of Belgium / Benelux market by expanding the services offering to include other PharmaLex services outside Biostatistics such as regulatory services, pharmacovigilance, epidemiology and risk management, quality management and development consulting
- Management of the Belgium team. Effectively allocate and deploy resources including people, activities, projects and investment -
- Lead Business Development activities for Belgium and attend client meetings, input into and assist preparing proposals
- Oversight of the everyday activities for projects managed throughout PLX Belgium ensuring that quality products are delivered within set timelines.
- Building long-term relationships with new and existing clients
- Building long-term relationships and retain existing relationships with Key Opinion Leaders.
- Manage budget and cost estimates according to plans
- Day-to-day business
- Manage business relationships with all customers including doctors, patients, economists, etc.
- Contribute as Member of the leadership team to the development of the organization, and the definition/monitoring of the strategic and operational objectives
- Strategic planning for continued development of the affiliate and service line in line with the overall corporate development strategy (organic and inorganic growth)
- Ensure financial viability of the country organization
- Overall management and leadership of the country organization, accountable to the Group CEO / EVP Intl Ops and Shareholders
- Take charge of local Board procedures for compliance with local statutory obligations on directors of companies in the jurisdiction concerned and for conformance with Shareholders’ Agreements, where applicable
- Oversee the country organization’s operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, service and cost-effective management of resources
- Make sure project deliverables (quality, timelines, budget) of country organization are reported regularly and met
- Implementation of PLx Group processes and regulations at country/regional level
- Identify local and corporate business development opportunities
- Take care of local proposals and support the population of global proposals with country-specific information
- Representation of the company to the outside
- Build robust working relationships to work in collaboration with key VDC personnel, other Managing Directors and the Group CEO to deliver value and excellence in all work undertaken for customers
- Assume responsibility for superordinate contact with authorities and associations
- Customer contact to strategic clients according to the internal partition
- Oversight of operational activities to ensure compliance with local and external directives
- Approve local operational procedures, policies and standards and ensure compliance with relevant provisions at group level.
- Definition and handling of country meta topics
- Review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining commercial objectives in accordance with current budget
- Clarification of responsibilities and tasks within the country organization
- Leadership and coaching of direct report employees; conduct of probation period, annual performance review and goal setting meetings
- Prevention and resolution of conflicts in the country organisation
- Transfer of and escalation of cross-country and cross-VDC conflicts to the corresponding VDC Heads, CEO or EVP International Operations
- Build, develop and maintain relationships with decision making roles with clients, regulatory authorities, partner organisations and industry associations
- Ensure that the local organization has access to sufficiently well-maintained premises and facilities for effective operations.
Critical qualifications, experience, 'know-how' and skills
- Master’s degree, ideally also a PhD within the medical / life science or economic field
- At least 5 years of hands on experience and working in executive roles with relevant revenue responsibility
- General knowledge, skills and interest in areas of pharmaceuticals and/or medical technology as well as medical sciences
- Professional network within health care field
- Abreast with the national economic policies and its impact on the health-care sector
- Additional qualification and/or working experience in economics / business administration, with an understanding of appliance of mathematical concepts
- Experience in international consulting business with client acquisition paired with experience in contract management and negotiations
- Based in Benelux countries, ideally in Louvain-la-Neuve , Belgium
- Entrepreneurial mind-set / personality, ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Experience in strategic planning and execution, solution driven and resourcefulness in setting priorities Knowledge in change management and in handling organizational changes
- Hands-on mentality and “can do” approach
- Skills in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, experience in successful implementation of plans and achievement of objectives
- Experience in formulating policies and in developing and implementing new strategies, presenting complex facts in a succinct and convincing way
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data, manage financial plans and manage resources
- Excellent leadership and management skills with a strong orientation to team work, ability to work in a matrix organization with cross functional teams
- Ability to handle pressure, complex situations and to think analytically and strategically
- Structured, analytical and systematic mode-of operating
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Adaptability, resilience, willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel
If you are interested in joining our Pharmalex team taking over this challenging job opportunity in our future-oriented company, we are looking forward to receive your on-line application documents stating:
- Your earliest possible starting date
- Any visa requirements
- Salary expectations
- CV in English language
Agencies only by prior agreement for the specific job opportunity.