We are growing, grow with us!
Are you looking for a dynamic company with daily new challenges and opportunities?
Then, Pharmalex is your career opportunity. Pharmalex is one of the leading service companies for the Pharmaceutical Industry globally and is specialized in all aspects of drugs and medical devices approval, of the market development and any action of effective product maintenance.
Site Head Belgium / Finance Director France & Belgium
Located in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium.
- Develop, implement, improve, streamline, document and harmonize, where applicable, relevant recordkeeping, time tracking and accounting systems
- Prepare, examine, and analyse accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Preparation of the annual budget
- Credit control. Accounts receivable and accounts payable, incl. invoicing to clients.
- Bank reconciliation and treasury control
- Coordination of year-end activities including annual audit of accounts and all aspects of the fiscal year end procedure.
- Overall responsibility for the monthly accounting process including invoicing and payroll (currently outsourced)
- Overall responsibility for ensuring appropriate provision of employee benefits such as pensions, life assurance etc.
- Human resource leadership in Belgium
- HR reporting and alignment with corporate HR
- Line management of the Senior Office Manager in France (dotted line)
- PharmaLex Belgium employees (matrix organization structure, direct line)
- Develop, maintain, and analyse budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Prepare corporate Pharmalex reports to provide overview of deliverables and service metrics.
- Financial reporting to headquarters in Germany, to management regarding the finances of the company
- Calculate, monitor and evaluate project profitability, contribute towards development of tools for monitoring
- Support the implementation of MS Dynamics for Belgium and France
- University degree in Accounting/Finance or comparable qualification
- Proven experience of Corporate/General Accounting
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills, advanced level knowledge of Excel.
- Use advanced knowledge to control and monitor financial operations applying principles, theories and concepts of financial management as well as financial systems (ERP, Reporting software).
- Flexibility and adaptability to adjust rapidly to new, unknown, challenging situations
- Autonomous, concentrated and high-quality work with high sense of responsibility
- Leadership, solution oriented and problem solver even in challenging situations
- Experience in people management in a matrix environment
- Proven ability to manage remote teams in an international environment
- Good command of French and English, Flemish would be an advantage
- Ability to assimilate and summarise financial information in an appropriate context
- Organised with the ability to multi-task
If you are interested in joining our Pharmalex team taking over this challenging job opportunity in our future-oriented company, we are looking forward to receive your application documents (CV in English) stating your earliest possible starting date, any visa requirements and salary expectations on-line.
Agencies only by prior agreement for the specific job opportunity.