We are growing, grow with us!
PharmaLex has two exceptional opportunities for energetic and results-driven business development professionals located in the UK and Ireland. Reporting to the relevant Country Managers, the successful individuals will be responsible for achieving sales growth through the acquisition of new business and the subsequent development of new accounts that are introduced to the organisation. The core services that PharmaLex provides are in the regulated fields of quality management and compliance, regulatory affairs, development consulting and scientific affairs, as well as pharmacovigilance. PharmaLex is strong in all these areas in the region of UK and Ireland and has an outstanding reputation for being a leader in outsourcing. As a specialist provider of consulting services and outsourcing solutions, we are different to the CROs and offer our market these services as our core business.
This is a particularly exciting time for two tenacious and organised business development professionals to join our growing company and build a robust business pipeline by spotting project opportunities from direct interactions with pharmaceutical and biotech companies. Understanding customers’ needs, building strong relationships and providing tailored solutions are key requisites for these positions. As well as being given sole territorial responsibility for the significant domestic pharmaceutical and medical device markets, the scope of the roles may also include these thriving markets in the neighbouring territory.
New Business Development Manager
- Align with the Regional/Country Manager and, where appropriate, the EVP Head of Commercial Operations on the strategic objectives for prospecting in the assigned territory.
- Develop target customer list and proactively approach prospective clients using all effective means, which will include direct approaches and networking at events.
- Tactical networking, leveraging existing contacts and your accounts to extend access to new customer contact points in line with the local prospecting and account development objectives.
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues, both technical and commercial, in the international BD organisation and grasp emerging business opportunities that come with developments in the external regulatory environment.
- Identify new, valuable and emerging companies. Scope (prospective) clients’ requirements and convey our capabilities in a relevant and persuasive manner that translates our exceptional service features to client benefits.
- Provide the commercial leadership in proposal generation, following through your opportunities from prospect, lead, proposal, negotiation stages to successful closure.
- Maintain accurate records of sales calls, customer files, and sales activity information within the standard reporting tools of the international organisation.
- Recommend and follow up on sales and marketing campaigns to support your prospecting objectives and the business growth.
- Demonstrate behaviours and day-to-day sales activities that meet or exceed your personal KPIs and bring in new business that meets or exceeds your agreed fiscal targets.
- Serve as a business representative at major industry events, conferences and trade shows.
- You probably have a bachelor’s degree in business / economics and/or equivalent qualification in a scientific related field.
- You have relevant professional experience in business-to-business sales with an impressive track record of winning new business through your own prospecting.
- You have good knowledge of the pharmaceutical and, ideally, medical device industries
- . Specific experience of selling services in the regulated space would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Excellent client presentation skills are required.
- A proactive attitude to prospecting and the tenacity to achieve and maintain a buoyant pipeline of appointments with new prospects would be beneficial.
- You are a team player with the ability to influence and persuade.
- Your peers would describe you as conscientious, responsible, flexible, results-driven and competitive.
- Commercial acumen is a must as are a high willingness to travel when required and a full driving licence.
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic, forward-looking environment where your success will stand out.
- The personal attributes, attitude, skills and track record of the individuals are what matter most to us for these vacancies and we are therefore inviting applications from candidates across the spectrum of corresponding experience.
- The seniority of job title will be tailored to the individual who is successful and is likely to lie between Manager and Director, Business Development.
If you are interested in joining our Pharmalex team taking over this challenging job opportunity in our future-oriented company, we are looking forward to receive your application documents stating your earliest possible starting date, any visa requirements and salary expectations on-line.
For further information please don’t hesitate to contact us:
Senior Specialist, Human Resources
Agencies only by prior agreement for the specific job opportunity.