We are growing, grow with us!
Are you looking for a dynamic company with daily new challenges and opportunities?
Then, Pharmalex is your career opportunity. Pharmalex is one of the leading service companies for the Pharmaceutical Industry globally and is specialized in all aspects of drugs and medical devices approval, of the market development and any action of effective product maintenance.
Practice Area Lead, Development Consulting & Scientific Affairs
- To represent the respective Practice/Services internally to PharmaLex and externally to clients
- Work closely with Business Unit Head(s) and all other relevant parties as applicable to define and plan the further strategy and growth of the Practice/Services
- Provide leadership to the Business Unit International Service Leads (ISL) and the Country Business Unit Heads / Country Practice Area Heads (where applicable) regarding:
- Strategic planning, implementation, and execution of the Business Unit services
- Developing, expanding, harmonizing, and promoting the Global Business Unit services
- Preparing business propositions for new / expanding Practice areas/Services
- Evaluate service readiness and propose enhancements and solutions to mature the Practice/Services
- Analysis & review of the global target service delivery model, gap analysis and recommendation to cover any gaps including identification of M&A targets / potential partners
- Define business technology needed for the Practice/Services, in close collaboration with relevant functions and in cross Business Unit settings; and proactively propose & support Digital solutions where applicable
- If applicable, contribute to the definition of PharmaLex cross-Business Unit service solutions
- Work with the Business Unit Head, country Business Unit Heads and individual ISLs to define and develop the strategy for the respective practice area
- Communicate and implement the strategy for the respective practice area and service lines
- Provide operational leadership and guidance to the ISLs to help them to develop suitable global tools, support and communication processes
- Work with ISLs to develop and maintain global analytical / business intelligence tools for the Business Unit (e.g., skill matrix, capacity planning, practice/service oversight, metrics)
- Support the ISLs on preparation of request for proposals / request for information and in participation in Bid defense meetings and other client meetings
- Together with Business Unit head and other stakeholders, develop and maintain a global (cross-Business Unit) pricing structure for the respective practice/service to establish a transparent and competitive approach across all local units
- Act as an ambassador for a positive performance by educating and supporting the ISLs to think commercially and innovatively
- Interface for back-office functions with regard to business development / marketing activities, recruiting, finance and project management related activities
- To develop excellent relationships with all stakeholders including Business Unit heads, Country Heads, other Practice Area Leads, ISLs across all Business Units practice areas, Business Unit employees
- Degree in Life Science
- MBA / commercial or marketing skills
- Excellent knowledge of applicable international legislation and regulatory framework
- Proven experience in assigned international practice/service
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiar to work with international teams for global projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-confidence and assertiveness
- Confidence to work alone as well as in a team
- Strategic, analytical and structured thinking
- Ability to assimilate and analyse information rapidly
- Ability to identify and offer solutions to problems in a pragmatic way
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to adjust rapidly to new, unknown, challenging situations
- Fluent in English
If you are interested in joining our Pharmalex team taking over this challenging job opportunity in our future-oriented company, we are looking forward to receive your application documents stating your earliest possible starting date, any visa requirements and salary expectations on-line.
For further information please don’t hesitate to contact us
Agencies only by prior agreement for the specific job opportunity.