We are growing, grow with us!
Are you looking for a dynamic company with daily new challenges and opportunities?
Then, Pharmalex is your career opportunity. Pharmalex is one of the leading service companies for the Pharmaceutical Industry globally and is specialized in all aspects of drugs and medical devices approval, of the market development and any action of effective product maintenance.
Senior Project / Commercial Manager
The purpose of this role is to lead and drive the Project Management team at PharmaLex Ireland.
Direct reports: 2
Sales & Business Development
- To manage the daily sales and service delivery operations at PharmaLex Ireland, including enquiry management, project planning, project initiation, project delivery and project close activities.
- To lead sales calls with potential PharmaLex clients, identify opportunities and influence clients to receive and evaluate a PharmaLex bid.
- Think and react quickly to opportunities or obstacles as they arise during the sales process.
- To grow client accounts through active relationship management.
- To mentor the Project Management team to develop its sales skills.
- Be accountable for, and report on, sales activities to the management team.
- Identify new sales opportunities and liaise with country and corporate Business Development teams accordingly.
Preparation of Commercial Contracts
- Prepare, review or approve commercial contracts with clients.
- Ensure that sales documents are compelling and persuasive, and that PharmaLex is maximising client value.
- Negotiate Master Service Agreements (MSAs), Service Level Agreements (SLAs) or individual sales agreements with clients to ensure that PharmaLex’s interests are robustly represented during the negotiation process. This includes understanding which contractual clauses are ‘critical’ from those that are ‘preferred’.
- Ensure that all template sales documentation is maintained up-to-date through continuous improvement.
- Identify and escalate potential risks to the management team.
Preparation of Project Budgets
- Prepare or approve project budgets with PharmaLex stakeholders.
- Assess project budgets from a client perspective and consider whether an alternative approach may result in a more favourable sales outcome.
- Ensure that project budgets meet country and corporate requirements regarding profitability.
- Identify potential risks and propose / implement risk mitigation actions as appropriate. Escalate to the management team when required.
- Ensure that service delivery is managed in accordance with:
- The scope of work agreed with the client,
- The agreed project budget,
- The agreed project timeline.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure that:
- Adequate resource capacity is available to deliver the project portfolio,
- Invoices are issued to clients in a timely manner and to a high standard.
- Coach and mentor the Project Management (PM) team.
- Set and monitor SMART goals /KPIs for the PM team.
- Identify team strengths and development areas and act accordingly.
- Represent the PM team to management.
- Work with all PharmaLex stakeholders in a collaborative and goal-oriented manner to ensure the overall smooth running of commercial operations at PharmaLex Ireland.
- To continuously challenge PharmaLex’s sales processes, and sales impacting processes, to identify and act on opportunities for improvement.
- Participate in the development, maintenance and implementation of the Quality Management System at PharmaLex, including performance of and participation in internal audits, and the retention of appropriate documentation and records.
- Participate in the development, co-ordination and delivery of training programmes at PharmaLex related to Quality Systems and administrative areas, ensuring the retention of appropriate training records.
- Participate in the development, establishment, communication and enforcement of guidelines and operational standards at PharmaLex by means of appropriate knowledge management.
- Ensure all documentation prepared is in line with standards as set down by Pharmaceutical and other relevant Regulatory bodies.
- To deal with internal/external customer contacts and resolve queries and problems in an effective manner and timely manner.
- To liaise with Clients, regulatory authorities and other external parties as required / requested on behalf of clients and/ or on behalf of PharmaLex.
- 3-4 years B2B sales experience, preferably in a CRO or Consultancy environment
- CAPM / PMP Certificate or equivalent work experience in this field
- Excellent knowledge of Computer Applications – Microsoft Office, Salesforce
- Team management
- Strong communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Comfortable working in a very dynamic environment
- Resolves routine (and some non-routine) problems in a thorough and timely manner
- Attention to detail, High service orientation
- Ability to prioritize and manage own time and tasks
- Ability to convey a positive message about PharmaLex
- Confident demeanour/appearance
If you are interested in joining our Pharmalex team taking over this challenging job opportunity in our future-oriented company, we are looking forward to receive your application documents stating your earliest possible starting date, any visa requirements and salary expectations on-line.
Agencies only by prior agreement for the specific job opportunity.