Are you looking for a dynamic company with daily new challenges and opportunities?
We are growing, grow with us!
Pharmalex are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to work within SRE to support our products. This is a permanent home based position based in the UK.
If you are passionate about reliability, good engineering practices and processes, automation, and customers we want to hear from you!
PharmaLex is now part of Cencora, a leading global healthcare company with a foundation in pharmaceutical distribution. Together, PharmaLex and Cencora offer end-to-end product commercialization, including global market access strategy and execution, to drive patients’ healthier futures wherever they are in the world. Our experts use technology-elevated solutions to support clients through the entire product lifecycle.
Site Reliability Engineer
- SRE at Pharmalex is the software engineering approach to production operations.
- 50% of your time will be building software to automate the manual work you do during the other 50% of your time will be providing operational support to the products you cover.
- SRE operates critical products 24/7/365 operating within agreed SLOs. Out-of-hours support via a rota. Managing incidents, managing stakeholders and running blameless postmortems to improve the product.
- SRE works with the other engineering areas of DevOps and Development to drive reliability within the product lifecycle.
We are looking for someone with a strong mix of technical and soft skills to drive technical brilliance and strong collaboration across multiple teams.
- You are passionate about the world of SRE, enjoy learning new skills and are always pushing yourself to learn more.
- You can deal with high-pressure situations, step back and get the full picture before jumping in.
- You aspire to produce high quality work and push for engineering excellence.
- You thrive in a strong teamwork environment and put the team first in all your actions.
- You are a team player who drives the team forward through mentoring, knowledge sharing, feedback and blameless post-mortems and retrospectives.
- Programming languages such as Python or Go to a high standard
- Database technologies such as MySQL.
- IaC tools such as Terraform.
- A strong drive to engineer solutions using best practices. Critical to our values!
- High autonomy. You are the engineer and craftsman we are here to enable you to make your masterpiece your way.
- Space to learn. 10% of your time is reserved for training days. Access to online training tools including aCloudGuru.
- Career progression and mentorship via the SIFA Framework. We want you to be the best version of yourself. Clear goals and development plan to get you where you want with space and tools to achieve those goals.
- International mindset, operating in a diverse working environment, interacting with global employees and customers, and understanding and valuing cultural differences to become a global player in our industry.
- Collaboration - working in a dynamic and inclusive environment with accessible people and management, resulting in supportive colleague relationships helping us generate success as a team.
Pharmalex is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to join our growing team. At Pharmalex we make sure that we comply equality, diversity and inclusion in all our offices and prohibit against any discrimination on basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, marital status or disability status etc.
If you are interested in joining our Pharmalex team taking over this challenging job opportunity in our future-oriented company, we are looking forward to receive your application documents stating your earliest possible starting date, any visa requirements and salary expectations on-line.
Agencies only by prior agreement for the specific job opportunity.