Are you looking for a dynamic company with daily new challenges and opportunities?
We are growing, grow with us!
PharmaLex is now part of Cencora, a leading global healthcare company with a foundation in pharmaceutical distribution. Together, PharmaLex and Cencora offer end-to-end product commercialization, including global market access strategy and execution, to drive patients’ healthier futures wherever they are in the world. Our experts use technology-elevated solutions to support clients through the entire product lifecycle.
This as an excellent opportunity to join our Technology Department who are responsible for designing and developing the technology solutions that drive the organisation’s business systems to meet the needs of our pharmaceutical clients. The pace is fast, we strive for the best and we thrive on the challenge.
The purpose of this role is to develop software tools within Pharmalex’s Technology department for both internal and client use. This position requires strong technical and communication skills as well as both independent and team working. It involves:
- Building and delivering high quality, efficient code, according to company Software Development Life Cycle procedures
- Actively participating in an Agile SCRUM development methodology including refinement, planning, stand-ups, retrospectives.
- Peer-review and constructive critique of code produced by other members of the development team
- Assisting with development support of Software Applications
The role includes working closely with all other areas of the Development team, Testing team and the rest of the Technology department.
This position can be remote in the UK or hybrid working from our office in Colchester, Essex.
- Design and build code across several new and existing software projects.
- Ensure all code developed conforms to the Software Development Life Cycle SOP and Coding Standards.
- Ensure all code produced is performant and tested prior to being handed for peer review.
- Develop your skills and expertise in Pharmalex’s technology products and the development technologies and methodologies used.
- Commercial experience in web development using the full Microsoft .Net development stack (specifically C#, MVC, .Net Core), SQL, front-end frameworks (jQuery, React, etc).
- Skilled in modern development principles (Agile, SOLID, TDD, design patterns, IoC).
- Ideally experience of Azure, MVVM, microservices, message bus, containerisation, serverless.
- A passion for technology and developing your own technical skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- A results oriented individual with the ability to work to deadlines, communicate and work effectively with other team members both on site and remote.
- High autonomy. You are the engineer and craftsman we are here to enable you to make your masterpiece your way.
- Space to learn. 10% of your time is reserved training days. Access to online training tools including A Cloud Guru.
- Career progression and mentorship. We want you to be the best version of yourself. Clear goals and development plan to get you where you want with space and tools to achieve those goals. You will be stretched daily which creates real rock star engineers.
- The salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
- 25 days holiday plus BH (increasing to 27 after qualifying service).
- 8% employer pension contribution (pro rata).
- An opportunity to work within an organisation with a positive work/life balance environment.
- Continuous development opportunities through knowledge and experience as well as training.
Pharmalex is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to join our growing team. At Pharmalex we make sure that we comply equality, diversity and inclusion in all our offices and prohibit against any discrimination on basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, martial status or disability status etc.
If you are interested in joining our Pharmalex team taking over this challenging job opportunity in our future-oriented company, we are looking forward to receive your application documents stating your earliest possible starting date, any visa requirements and salary expectations on-line.
Agencies only by prior agreement for the specific job opportunity.